Karpinsk is a town located in the North of the Sverdlovsk region, on the Eastern slope of the Northern Urals at the intersection of the 60th parallel with the 60th Meridian on the left Bank of the river Turya (Ob basin), 436 km from Yekaterinburg. The population of Karpinsk in 2016 amounted to 28 000 people, with an area of 83 km2. Karpinsk founded in 1759 as a settlement of the Theological plant. Until 1923 it was the administrative center of Theological mining district. The status of a city and the present name was given in 1941.