Webcam Osijek - View of the church
See on webcam View of the church and watch the weather in Osijek
About webcam "View of the church" in Osijek
Osijek was restored in the western government on September 29, 1687, when the Turks were overthrown, and the city was occupied by the Habsburg Empire. Between 1712 and 1715 the Austrian authorities built a new fortress, outer walls and all five planned bastions (authored by the architect Maximilian de Gosso), known as Tvrsha, in the heart of the city. The square of the Holy Trinity is surrounded in the north by the building of the military command, in the west by the Main Guard, and in the east by the building of the magistrate (now the Museum of Slavonia). In the center of the square there is a monument to the plague, which appeared in 1729 as the widow of General Maximilian Petras. Horni Grad (Upper Town) was founded in 1692, and Donji Grad (Lower Town) - in 1698. They acted as separate municipalities until 1786, when they were united into a single whole. At the end of the 18th century, he moved from Virovitica to the center of Veres County. The Habsburg Empire also contributed to the migration and settlement of German immigrants in the city and the region during this period. The city developed along other central European cities with cultural, architectural and socio-economic influences. In the late 19th and early 20th century Osijek was the seat of the Virovitika County of the autonomous territory of the Kingdom of Croatia-Slavonia in Austria-Hungary. In the XIX century, cultural life mostly revolved around the theater, museums. Urban society, the development of which was accompanied by a thriving economy and developed trade relations, was associated with religious festivals, public events (fairs), entertainment and sports. The town of Novi Grad (New Town) was built in the 19th century. Today, through the web camera, a colorful view of the church opens in front of the user. Live webcast is available to everyone.