Central Square, Holy Dormition Church Webcam - Tetiev
See on Live Cam Central Square, Holy Dormition Church and Watch The Weather in Tetiev, Ukraine
About Live Cam "Central Square, Holy Dormition Church" in Tetiev
The construction of the first Assumption Church we know of began in 1768 under the leadership of Father Tikhon Zarutsky. And although it was built as an Orthodox one, in the mid-70s it was captured by the Uniates. However, at the end of the XVIII century. Tetiev became part of the Russian Empire and the temple became Orthodox again. In 1820 the temple was renovated and decorated with a new iconostasis. The temple was five-domed. At the end of 1880, the parishioners of the Dormition parish turned to Metropolitan Platon of Kiev with a request to bless the construction of a new church. Vladyka blessed the construction already in 1890. the local charity reported to the metropolitan on the completion of construction work. On June 22 of the same year, the church was consecrated by the dean with a cathedral of priests. The first priest of the Dormition parish known to us was the above-mentioned Fr. Tikhon Zarutsky, who served here from 1768 to 1787. Only the repression of the Polish authorities forced him to leave Tetiev and go to military service. In 1791, the Uniate Metropolitan Jason sent the Uniate priest Martin Kapustinsky to Tetiev, who later converted to Orthodoxy. In 1812, two priests were appointed to the Assumption parish at once - Fr. John Levitsky and Fr. Afanasy Chalevsky. In 1817, Fr. Afanasy Slovinsky, who served here for 30 years. In 1845 A. Afanasy died and his work was continued by his son, Father Victor. In 1871, father Mikhail Pokhilevich was appointed to the Assumption Church, who served here even in Soviet times. For almost half a century, Father Mikhail was the spiritual mentor of Tetiev's parishioners. From 1951 to 1986 the spiritual life of Tetiev was taken up by Archpriest Joseph Savitsky, a deeply educated priest, an expert in church singing and icon painting. In 1986, Father Peter Sologub was appointed to Tetiev, who received permission to build a new church. In 1993, the foundation stone of the future temple in the city center was laid. The start of construction was made possible thanks to A.E. Bykhovets, director of the Symbol plant. September 30, 2004 The Holy Dormition Church was consecrated by Bishop Belotserkovsky and Boguslavsky Seraphim. Since 2006, a Sunday school has been operating at the church.
Share Live Cam Central Square, Holy Dormition Church with your friends in social networks
Most popular Live Cam in Tetiev
View list of Live Cam in the city Tetiev