Webcam Riga - The architecture on the square Liv
About webcam "The architecture on the square Liv" in the city Riga
Was organized in 1950 after the demolition of the destroyed during the Second world war urban development. Called "the Square near the Philharmonic society" because facing the square the building of the Great Guild in 1941 occupied concert hall of Latvian Philharmonic. In 1974 the square was reconstructed by the architect K. Barons, were beaten paths, places of leisure, Central swimming pool with a fountain. In the summer, done in a decorative style lawn mimics the wavy surface once flowed here (Meistaru street is Kaleju) river Riga. In the winter time the square is filled with ice rink. The modern name of the area received 29 February 2000.